You may look at this dish & think that’s it??? cause’ there’s really not much that you can see here but onions & beef haha but let me tell you there’s more to it than what you can see, it’s the taste that will get you😉
1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 piece lemon or 3 pieces calamansi
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 large onion, sliced into rings
3 tbsp cooking oil
salt to taste
1. Marinade beef in soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi), and ground black pepper for at least 1 hour
2. Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the onion rings until the texture becomes soft. Set aside
3. In the same pan where the onions were fried, fry the marinated beef (without the marinade) until color turns brown. Set aside
4. Pour the marinade and bring to a boil.
5. Put in the fried beef and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water as needed.
6. Add the stir-fried onions and some salt to taste.
7. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
NOTE: I know the thinly sliced beef is kinda hard to find but i always get mine at Walmart.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/08/23/filipino-food-beef-steak-bistek-tagalog-recipe/
Copyright i do not own this recipe it belongs to it’s rightful owner.